Love Notes




Looooove:
We all want it.  Few of us find it.  Even fewer hang onto it.

I want to talk about something interesting.  I didn't know what but once I started writing I knew my inspired fingers would crank something out.  Right now they just want to ask a lot of questions.

You have to ask the questions, then live the questions and sometimes the answers still don't come.  That's what life is about: questioning, experimenting, and learning.  Ultimately that leads to growth, at least I think that's the way it works.  Let's do this.

How do you know when you are in love? How do you know that person loves you? How do you know they are the person meant for you? Is there more than one person that can be meant for you?

Some people never find true romantic love but they find love in other places.  Or they do find it but lose it and hold that memory for the rest of their lives.  Maybe it was unrequited love (boy do I hate that term!).  People are so complicated and the feeling and expression of love is even more complicated if possible.  It's a human emotion but there is something somewhat mystical or spiritual about it too.  It's like humans want to feel in control when they feel it, even though it is something evasive that we feel has been granted to us.  From my experience feeling in love is when I feel the least in control.  I feel like it is happening to me and I am along for the ride.

I don't have the answers to my questions, I know what I know up to this point.  I know each time I have fallen in love it has been a uniquely different experience and I have learned a lot about myself.  I have my definite favorite memory of love, or maybe a favorite person that I shared it with (more accurate).  Do we ever really know how someone feels about us? I think we do.  But I think that is the true gift of hindsight.  I think in the moment it's harder to know.  I think there is more than one person we can be happy with.  But I do feel everyone has a "favorite," I like that word for love.  Favorite.

My last thought is if two people are lucky enough to find love, they should do everything they can to not fail it.  We all have faults and flaws and no one is perfect together all the time.  It's easy to walk away if love is not there.  If it you are lucky enough to share it with someone, make it work.  Don't fail love if it blesses you with it's presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authenticity is Sexy

New Changes

Loyalty is Royalty