What Will Change Today?

Hello and welcome to my blog! 

There is a quote on the door to the office I share with five other people.  It says, "Do something today that your future self will thank you for." -Anonymous.


I see that quote every time I leave the room and every day I think of what I could change. Suddenly a list starts in my head and it keeps going and going.  I quickly get overwhelmed, forget the question and move on with my day.  I have been in this office now for 2 years and for 2 years I have yet to make any significant changes in my life.  The sad part about this is that if I had actually been making one small positive change every day where would I be now? I would probably have my dream body, perfect skin, be well rested, and on and on.  It is depressing to think about all the wasted time getting more set in bad habits than creating good ones.  That's the trick though, not to get caught up in what you didn't do, but make the active choice not to waste any more time.  It is never too late to turn around and start in a new direction.  Our bodies, the world and people are surprisingly responsive to positive changes once they are made.  

So today, March 11, 2014.  I am doing the first small thing for myself.  Well actually I am starting big, I am quitting smoking today.  I have made this decision probably at least 50 times since I started back in college, and each time I have failed miserably.  This time, however, I am determined.  I have decided to quit.  Period. No more excuses.  I am quitting cold turkey too, I have been told that is really the easiest and most inexpensive way.  I have always told myself I would actually quit with the right motivation, but I can no longer wait for the motivation.  I have to create it.  

What will you do for yourself today? 

Daily dose of delicious:

I have recently been cooking with quinoa a lot.  I was hesitant to try it because I felt like it was too trendy and I couldn't pronounce the name for awhile.  Finally one rainy Saturday afternoon I decided to give it a go.  My first try came out really well, it was filling but not too heavy and delicious.  You make it just like rice, but instead of using water I used chicken broth.  After it was cooked I added garlic powder, lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro.  It was the perfect combination and we would be a perfect side dish for pretty much anything.  Here is a pic, try it! "It tastes as good as it looks" quinoa.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Changes

Authenticity is Sexy

Loyalty is Royalty